Monday, December 5, 2011

bad behaviour

i was involved in a chinese camp with claire and a group of kids, led by few chinese teachers.

a boy in lower primary behaved so badly that it shocked me out of my life. truly, i hv not seen someone who's so ill in emotional control, such that he could slap another girl's face, in the process of a bickering session, or push a younger boy coz' he needed the space to watch a show.

worse still, he started shouting at me, commanding,"why do u give the answer to the other pple? u r in my group, u knw?"

also, he uttered,"just give me all the answers and we will win..."

he simply didn't knw his limitations in chinese language....giving him an answer with a slightly longer sentence, he began to fumble and stammer, and started shouting like a lunatic.

all that i could say is, a boy with extreme competitive and kiasu behaviour really goes out of control easily. because of his eagerness to win, he loses sight of what team spirit is all about. he starts being disrepectful to teachers as well....i pity the mother who has to handle a kid with violence inclination, and his sibling who gets beaten up by him, out of no good reason.

aye, is it fair to say that a child's behaviour reflects the parents' style of parenting? maybe not. but it does tell that the parents hv lost control over the kids' action!

2 comments:

  1. So horrible. If the parents can't even control him at such young age, I dread to think what would happen when he reaches teenage, the rebelious age.

    I wonder if I will scold him. I probably would. Can't stand such ill behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verve, so how did u handle him? White is right, can't imagine how much worse he will become in another few years' time.

    ReplyDelete