Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a fright!

i was half-way tutoring M this morning, when i felt something 'brushing' agst my feet.

in my heart, i was wondering what was wrong with M, with her feet constantly knocking into mine. thank goodness, it was a female student. it would have been embarassing for both parties, if it were a male student!

then, i felt sth cold....like a lick rather than a knock. yes, it felt more like a tongue...gross!

out of curiosity, i took a peep under the table. i nearly fainted....

guess what? it was M's favourite puppy, sandy licking my feet!

every one knows how frightful i am of dogs, or for that matter, all animals. my immediate responses were to yelp and lift my legs to rest on the arm of the chair, telling M to quickly 'invite' the dog back to the kennel!

when M carried the poor dog from the floor, both of us couldn't help but let out a loud laughter. i must hv looked a most embarassing tutor. i even hv to apologise to her for being so 'nasty' and 'unfriendly' to her pet, coz' i'm just afraid of dogs!

of coz, she didn't mind. having stuck through all thicks and thins with me for 5 years! she must have just found me comical and inexplicable to dislike dogs!

in fact, one little 7-year old girl asked me,"ms verlyn, why are u afraid of dogs?"

"well, that's a tough question. i just dun like anything furry or walk on 4 legs!" haha, that explained why indians with furry chest freaked me out! of coz, babies crawling on 4 limbs are not included in the 4-legged creature category!

haha, is that even a fine excuse? in fact, my 3 other sisters share the same symptoms as me, 对狗有恐慌症! thks to my mom who never taught us to like animals from young, hehe! or maybe, i was hotly 'pursued' by a mad dog before when i was young...that dated many many years ago...

once upon a time,.....

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I would have fainted too. But I wish I am not like that. So now I try not to instill fear in Nini on animals. Dun want her to become like me. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, must train the kids to like animals.

    but run the risk of your kid coming to you one day,"mom, can i hv a kid as pet?"

    my best rejection excuse,'u gotta show me that u can take care of urself first, coz' i dun want another live creature to be tortured in ur hands. joy, rbr how ur 2 lil hamsters died...'

    ha, she's most afraid when i talked about historical sad stories. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never like dogs. When I visited my friends' house who had dog, they would have to keep the dog away from me; at balcony or somewhere. Don't even come near to me, I will scream and hop around.

    Both my kids were not afraid of dogs at all. Maybe they take after Blackie, the animal lover. I am fine as long as the animals don't come near me.

    ReplyDelete