Thursday, April 28, 2011

discipline

a mother lamented that she needs to sit with her young son, ensuring that he writes the correct answers in the worksheet, instead of just scribbling nonsensical stuff without checking.



she thought it might be good to start him tuition classes. he already has math and chinese, mind u.



knw what my reply was?



well, the primary role is to instil discipline in a child to knw his own responsibility.



starting tuition at young age will only accelerate the child into a 'parasite' - ahem excuse me for using such strong word here - and lose independence at early age!



tuitions are for kids who can't learn well in sch envt. enrichment classes are for kids who want to advance their knowledge. so, a child with attitude problem needs to learn somehow, somewhere, somewhat.....and it's my strong belief that the right values need to be shared from young.




values like social relationship, family bonding, kindness, helpfulness need to be taught, when the kids are young. values make up a person's whole being.....

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with you. Now small T is able to start her sch work even if I am not home on time. I told her I am not her 书童 to serve her water and check her answer.

    ReplyDelete