Thursday, April 28, 2011

my blood boiled!

haha, would u believe this happen to me this morn?

i rang the doorbell 60 times, called in my house phone to ring 40 times and shouted at the top of my voice for my helper to open the door....oh yes, i was just standing outside my doorstep. only the metal grille gate was locked. everything was in my full view...except the presence of my dear helper.

i must hv created quite a ruckus at my doorway.

finally, she appeared looking apologetic.

i lost control and gave her a scolding.

she explained that she couldn't hear the ringing sound from the toilet, as she was doing her washing of floor, splashing water.....

to me, it's plain alertness and attentiveness....so, after my outburst of reprimand tone, i left the house ready to meet a neighbour for a walk downstairs.

while sharing, she had a good laugh too as she mentioned that once, she rang my doorbell and it really took my helper a long time to come to the door...so, she asked if my helper has hearing difficulty.

well, that's sth new. since her inability to take my instructions fully is often understood by me to be language proficiency.

anyway, i went home later to check with her.

me: hv u had a ear check before?

she: no, mam.

me: it seems that u often cannot hear me when i call out to u..

she: no, mam, i can hear. it's the water splashing.

me: c'mon, even yati can hear if i ring 5 times. if ur ears hv no problem, then u better be more alert to someone calling or at the door. otherwise, how can i trust u to look after the house, for emergency cases....

well, having said my piece, my anger also subsided. that's me, emo in and out, plus at quick pace too. it's not big deal, just that it's really frustrating how a person can be in her own 'dreamland' that she couldn't even respond to that extent of ringing sound.....

well, one saving grace, this helper takes to my loud tone well...i hv to keep telling her that i'm not one employer who likes to breathe down her neck and scold her...how many times, i just close one eye and let matter rest! she responded,"yes, mam. i m sorry. yati also told me u dun like to scold pple!"

1 comment:

  1. Maybe she really has hearing pblm. Your loud tone is pbly just the right tone. Oops.

    ReplyDelete