Wednesday, February 9, 2011

test of patience

i hv been enjoying a relatively good life till yati's departure on 5th feb.

now with the new helper, close supervision is required.

sometimes, even with repeated instructions, i wonder if she completely understands me.

just last night after my classes, i was losing a bit of patience with her. all i wanted was that she had more initiative to think for each member in the family. maybe, at this point in time, she's still used to taking fixed instruction, therefore never really used her brain to think of doing things in optimal manner.

well, even my 2 kids came to tell me,"mommy, dun talk so loud to her lah! she will be scared!"

but i maintained my point that 'training a good helper at home isnt a bed of roses!" many people see my ex-helper, yati, as a very beneficial help, not knowing that effort has been put in to train her as well.

i would rather make the helper understand the demands right from the beginning and be a little strict, rather than being lenient and losing 'authority' over her at later point in time.

up to now, there are no major issues with the new helper.

maybe, it's time to put my patience to test and to make me a better person.

gotta think of what to cook for the family members today. so, i will not waste any energy on trivialities!

2 comments:

  1. Sound like a tough job. I pbly wouldn't hv so much patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I have always dislike the idea of having a domestic helper. Just think of the effort to be put in to train someone from a diff country, culture, educational background....can die....

    ReplyDelete