Wednesday, February 16, 2011

things are looking more rosy...for ....

well, my new helper, j, is gradually adjusting to the life in this family.

my last reprimanding session was on sat, when she took my instruction one big circle and did something else, totally out of synchronisation with my 'order'! it was a harsh scolding session, i must say.

her excuse,"that was how yati did it!"

with blood boiling, i raised my voice,"yati is no longer hear. dun mention her name again. u take instruction from me. if u want to follow yati, then i will send u back..."

many lessons were drilled into her head. suddenly, from that moment onwards, i felt that she was using more brain cells to work.

i told her, i hate to scold pple (why should i kill my brainy and beauty cells, right?). in fact, for that reason, i havent been feeling well....throat still giving me a little sore and body feelin weak. she probably knws that she has a role to play in my current weakling appearance, that she's decided to put in more effort.

sometimes, with a little pressure, these domestic helpers will buck up.

i even knocked sense into her,"this was how yati started too. no one is born clever. the only difference btwn you and yati is, she uses her heart to serve this family. when she sees that claire has forgotten to take her lunch, she will remind her and serve her with a hot meal!"

truly, having a worker who uses her brain and heart to serve isnt easy to find. but, i am sure we can 'condition' a person to do a more effective job, except that repeated reminders will kill me....

well, the saving grace is that, since that fateful sat that almost made my head turn round and round, i have been containing my cool and have not lost any temper with her.

god will see me through this period...haha. it isn't that bad now.

(guess what she's doing now? oven toasting chicken wings for my lovely joy, who has been so deprived of chicken meat, since the daddy stopped being a carnivore! my insttuction was to bake them a 6 pm, but she's done it at 3 pm plus! still, i kept my smiles. no big deal lah...)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds challenging and draining, as if managing a weak performer in the company, brings back some memories...haha! Will get tips from u if I get a domestic helper one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My colleague just sent over his domestic helper to another friend's home to get the other helper to train the new helper. Can ah?

    ReplyDelete