Monday, September 26, 2011

lil conversation with claire

claire: mom, do u despise me? (haha, is this girl trying to impress me with the word 'despise'?)

me: of coz not! why do u ask such a question?

claire: becoz i'm not so focused and slow in my work.

me: that's not true, claire. u r not slow, rather u r just easily distracted and hence, takes a longer time to finish a piece of work. if u learn to put ur heart to ur work and disregard all noise, tv programs and electronic gadgets around u, u will be able to stay focused as well as joy and me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, when i shared this with my hubby few hrs ago, he laughed heartily finding the whole episode very funny.

his only comment,"must be u telling her this and giving her the impression that she's not focused!"

yes, i might hv said it more than once recently!

like "claire, plse stay focused on ur work and quickly finish it up!"

or "see, joy can sit there like a statue to study!"

or "dun talk to me. i'm trying to finish up these math questions. i need concentration!"

well, that just goes to show that parents' words do hv great impact on the kids' mind. sth said with no intention to belittle, apparently has robbed her of some lil self-esteem.

now, i must think of how to 'repair' that lil 'hollow' to bring her self-esteem back.

hope i will be kinder in my words and not often reminding her of her 'spoken bad english'....must be the peers and the sch envt, i reckon.

well, even joy is not conscious of using proper english when she converses with pple.

her excuse,"i feel more comfortable that way. imagine if i speak perfect english with my dance frds, they will find it awkward. but dun worry lah mom, in front of teachers, i speak proper."

well, i ought to learn to trust joy's words. afterall, she always scores very high for her oral....so, i should compliment her for her 'versatile ability' to switch from broken to perfect english?

and for claire, i'm sure her esteem will be restored. afterall, how many times in a week do i hear joy telling her,"claire, i wish i can hv ur skin and legs..." i reckon, joy will include 'boobs' in the list soon.

hello everyone, u hear me?

5 comments:

  1. Haha, Joy sits there like a statue. That's funny! Everyone just has a different personality. Joy and Claire are 2 individuals, so try not to compare, though I do that too like "see, Lucas sits on the toilet bowl, so clever! You (Nini) are still poo-ing in your diaper". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, mom often compares lucas and trisha too...obviously, she prefers lucas' organised traits more....

    my joy and claire ha, no way to compare. they are miles apart. i always say, claire is very sweet, always buying me presents for special occasion...and joy, always claiming herself bz and will give a belated one, only to clean forget all in days....blur, u might think, but i think, she has 'lesser' heart than claire lah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, mom often compares lucas and trisha too...obviously, she prefers lucas' organised traits more....

    my joy and claire ha, no way to compare. they are miles apart. i always say, claire is very sweet, always buying me presents for special occasion...and joy, always claiming herself bz and will give a belated one, only to clean forget all in days....blur, u might think, but i think, she has 'lesser' heart than claire lah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum loves to compare, this to that. I got used to it already!

    I liks his organized traits too, so like me definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like mum always says "人没有十全十美,有一样好,就没另一样好!".

    ReplyDelete