Monday, September 26, 2011

lil conversation with joy

joy : mom, i'm going back to sch tmrw. think i should get some of my results! what happens if i need to get retained?

me(awe-struck and jaw dropped): huh?

joy: if i really need to be retained, i will find another option!

claire (interrupted): u mean go poly?

joy (with her bemused look): no lah, i will surely appeal and appeal until the sch allows me to be promoted!

me: should hv worked harder lor!

joy: i'm sure the sch will let me go to jc2. afterall, my midyr results werent that bad plus my 'o' level grades were good too!

me: plse lah, joy, all vjc stdts also get the same 'o' level results as u, what!

joy: no mom, not everybody got 6As, ok?

me (tongue-tied): hope for the best lah.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, joy has many areas to improve. i always say that this girl only works hard for exams purpose. other than that, it's 1 km distance away from the books and reading materials....how tragic.

to me, reading up and learning more should be part of everyday's life affairs. i hope she will realise the imptce of keeping to a more consistent learning schedule so that study is not just for exams sake.....

6 comments:

  1. Haha, Joy is her usual funny self. Finding another option means to appeal and appeal... I'm sure she will get thru the exams. Think she is one of those friends you have in school who always complain about not doing well but end up getting good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO PEOPLE FAILED CHEM YOOOO. i love my mama.
    joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just to correct, joy just told me,"hello, it's not 6As, it's 10As, 6 of which are A1s!"

    haha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO PEOPLE FAILED CHEM YOOOO. i love my mama.
    joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure the 'people' failed Chem or not? I thought she is a forever bright and A1s student. Aiya, even if she didnt do well now. At A, she will still be super scorer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya, promo is nothing lah. Just go to yr 2, she will sure score distinctions for her A levels. No worries....

    ReplyDelete