Thursday, July 7, 2011

blood trails

joy called at 7 am while i was out having bfst with hubby this morn. yes, it was an unusual experience for me.

we just happened to get up early and decided to enjoy a breezy walk downstairs at 6.30 am, before heading for bfst in the market.

"mom, what happened to the 2 of u? where are u now?" she asked in a nervous manner.

"oh, we r on the way back now, after bfst! dun worry, dad will still send u to sch!" i thought that was her concern.

"no mom, i'm very worried. i thot someone broke into our house and fire a shot at u! can u plse tell me what there's blood stains on ur bedsheet?" she probed further.

"oh, i get dad to explain to u when he's back.." i tried to sound mysterious.

"no, plse tell me, what happened to the 2 of u?" she sounded like she was going to faint.

"aiyo, i menstruated lah..." i explained in truth, but she didn't believe it.

"dun bluff me. it's such a big blotch of blood and in different patches...." she answered in disbelief.

"believe it or not lah..i'm coming back now!" i ended the conversation.

back home, she pestered me again.

"do i hv to show u evidence of my menstrual blood?" i asked.

haha, she really took a peek into my pte area and then commented,"but this is so little. the one on the bed is such a big patch.."

after much explanation, i gave up and told her,"i hv told u the truth, believe it or not lah!"

guess what was her lame response?

"if u dun tell me the truth, i'm not gonna talk to you anymore!" she had the cheek to talk that way.

aye, how could i control the flow of blood, rite? if it decided to come in a gush, could i even say,"hush, baby, slow down!"

of coz, i knew joy was just concerned at her end that it was nothing serious.....luckily, claire is still in camp, else i will hv 3 monstress girls pestering me, and that would sure ruin my morning.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Joy trying to play Sherlock Holmes at home? u ah, can leave the patch of blood there and happily go out for breakfast. I would have cleared it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyo, in fact, after daddy sent joy to sch that morn, she followed up with another msg,"mom, plse tell me the truth. r u sick and trying to hide from me? if u r going to die, plse let me knw....i love you...."

    i replied sth like that,"i hv told u the truth. it's must menstrual blood. i assure u that i will live long enuf to see ur annabel and crystabel! i knw u r concerned n i hv no intention to hide anything from u..."

    she again probed,"then why r u wearing a panty liner and not a pad when i checked u this morn?"

    aiya red, i gave up. sherlock holmes? well, this will drive me nuts. u knw i'm not the type who likes to beat round the mulberry bush....just 一针见血!果然就给她撞倒一大曝血,哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Joy is really a funny gal. She really brings lot of joy to u by being so expressive in her love for u.

    ReplyDelete