Wednesday, October 12, 2011

saga over fried fish fillet

i was really mad at dinner time on tues nite....couldn't even finish my rice and dishes.

my helper, j had 'defied' my order of using the tempura flour to fry sutchi fillet pieces. in its stead, she had used another flour type, citing that she wished to finish the remainder powder in the packet!

but, the standard of the fried fish was just terrible - lousy and salty!

even joy, who's a 'chin chye' eater also commented about its saltiness!

so, j ended up being scolded by me. when i' m enraged, i really roar like a lioness..and white certainly doesn't need to tell me that such roar works!

ystday (wed), i called my helper to be down at lobby in 3 mins' time to help me carry stuff. she was nowhere in sight when i arrived to park my car. managing the load of marketing stuff myself, i appeared at the doorway....scolding her again!

she told me that she couldn't hear me well and had sms-ed me as such,"mom sori i come dwn now!' hey, did it even make sense?

my point was clear, anything not sure, plse clarify on the spot; on the phone. sms me for what? did she really think that i hv so much time checking lame msgs while driving, and managing a loadful of grocery items?

i started roaring.....and made her tell me what i detest.

basically, the point was clear. this is my household. i'm most particular about preparing the right food for my family members. instructions are given by me, she's only to amend my order only with my consent. in other words, she has no authority to alter my instruction without my prior knowledge.

sths, it's impt to let our counterpart knw what is 'taboo' in her area of work. holding initiative in job is great, but if the outcome of her own decision sucks, she has to take responsibility.

call me fussy or whatever, but i'm particular about what i feed into pple's mouth.

i actually told her,"just when i'm beginning to believe and trust in u more, u destroy ur own bonus!" she kept apologising, "sorry, mom!"

well, basically, i hv offered to pay her lil bonus at 3rd, 6th and 9th mth to motivate her to work well...so, this is the 9th mth and with such incident and prior cases of my missing T-shirt, i think i probably hv to hold back....if i dun teach and educate now, it will be even harder when she turns into 老油条!

but what i like about her is that, she's emotionally strong and won't cry over slightest things! well, a strong front is required to take on employer's reprimand session!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, this is what I am afraid if I engage a domestic helper. Give me more trouble than help. But it's right for you to lay down the rules and she better abide by it. Honestly, Yati looks like a much smarter person than your current one. But she must have her strengths too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no lah, red, if u find one that is train-able, it's a great help.

    i hv been ok with all my helpers so far...an asset more than a liability.

    but of coz, the training process is impt. it helps to alter their attitude and make them serve with their hearts.

    in a job setting, everything boils down to having a heart, rite?

    the roar has produced its effect last few days. so, white, verve is an A star producer too!

    ReplyDelete