Tuesday, May 31, 2011

1 jun 2011

today is the hip hop competition for joy and claire.

joy is doing grade 7 while claire is at grade 4.

surprisingly, both agreed to book the dance studio at my condo at 7 pm,, and guess what, they practised for more than 2 hrs and came home heavy with perspiration.

i asked,"how? did u girls hv good time?"

joy answered,"yes, mom. u knw what? claire is very flexible with contemporary moves leh!"
well, that's what i like about joy. she never stops at complimenting other people if she genuinely finds them good. not an inch of jealousy in her heart.

well, by contemporary moves, joy means the ballet dancers' sway and turns, i guess.

turning to claire, i asked,"do u think joy dance well? u knw, she's hoping to get high distinction leh?" haha, joy didn't mention it that way lah, she said she's happy with above average result.

claire nonchalantly replied, with i-touch in hand,"i dunno leh. didn't really watch her!"

well, it could be the truth.

but everytime when i seek answers or views from my 2 girls, i can already tell that joy is certainly a more cheerful personality and gives likeable answer. claire, on the other hand, is more reserved with giving raving reviews and is less likely to praise another.

haha, that seems like a replica of me and hubby respectively.

do genetics really play such an impt role in the kids' characters? i would say, yes,with both my hands up.

a sad parent is not likely to produce a happy child in the family. similarly, an optimistic parent is not likely to raise a pessimistic kid.

so, that explains how impt it is for us to talk to our kids in the right way. like how one of my friends like to put it,"my kids always complain that i dun trust them. everything they tell me, i take it with a pinch of salt!" well, maybe trust needs to be earned with right reinforcement behaviours.

1 comment:

  1. I like Joy's character. Cheery, positive, jovial, easy going and the list goes on....

    Claire's character is still a little mysterious to me. It will be more apparent as she grows older and open up more to us. Look at me, I used to be so quiet when young.

    ReplyDelete