Sunday, May 29, 2011

affirmation of my fatness

'dear, m i fat?" i asked.

there came his frank outright response,"ya, a little!"

my heart started weeping. coz' he has never 'affirmed' me that way....boohoohoo...

"plse help me...that period of the month, i tend to eat more...such eating disorder has gotten me into feeling heavy, clumsy and lousy! " i explained.

i begged,"can u help to 'control' me in the diet? i mean, when i feel like a glutton, u will stop me lah.."

"ok lah...." he reluctantly agreed. extra job for him, u knw? and u r jolly well aware of how difficult it is to tell a woman not to eat when she's all hungry.

this conversation took place ystdy.

this afternoon (sun), we had plain porridge. slight hunger pang hit when i was outside waiting for the kids.

i cajoled him into fastfood, drinks etc, but he kindly declined.

then, when we spotted one fried behoon stall (lousy one though), my control let loose.

we ordered 2 plates and shared a pancake. that was it. i was regretful about it...and started whining again,"aiya dear, why u nvr control my diet again?"

"aiyo, u want to eat what? see lah, now i feel so fat!" he quizzed.

"plse plse..i really need u to stop me from eating at such irregular hours! all my exercise effort in morn gone lor!"

after this experience, i realise it's better to rely on myself where dieting is concerned. must by plenty of fruits to stand by...no more heavy bfst and fried stuff for comin week.

like what i told claire,"this wk, u pple shall eat my kind of food. i hv been compromising all these yrs to cook the things that u all like!"

why do i feel so fat? maybe it's my weak digestive system. maybe i'm at my relaxed self now that hol is kicking in after the exams.

by hook or by crook, i must lose weight - 1.5 kg is all i need. i will make it. esp now that this is posted on blog, i will win the battle.

3 comments:

  1. Are you fat? i've never known u to be 'fat' in all honesty. It's all in our own eyes...you want to feel good about yourself. Of course, you should rely on your own determination but very often, family members do play a part as well. However, when there's a will, there's a way! Chin up! I've been eating a lot of steamed broccoli (dubbed a 'superfood' here) whenever I cooked rice.(My other half hates it though). Lunch is often a veggie wrap with houmous and some fruits. I must have eaten 10 kg of strawberries and blackberries (dubbed another 'superfood' this year so far. All in the name of health...:D and I've never felt more healthy of late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, u r eating healthy, jean.

    yes, like the saying goes, 病从口入,祸从口出aptly describes the imptce of eating right.

    i'm glad u r feeling more healthy and certainly thks to the exercise time that u set aside.

    for me, could be that time of the mth..eating non-stop and feeling heavy.

    do let me knw what huat can bring for you when he meets up with u next mon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, i mean, blueberries...

    yes, i love your chinese proverbs...that's why i love my chinese subject in school, it's a beautiful language. But how do u type chinese text? do u need the software? heh heh, ignorant me.

    ReplyDelete