Tuesday, May 3, 2011

aljunied grc - which camp to vote?

a friend's residential address falls under aljunied grc.

so, she has been 'bombarded' with questions regarding her votes for coming 7th may election.

haha, she's a PAP supporter all these yrs. but now, it's serious matters. everyone is talking about the possibility of having either 'nil' or 'aljunied grc -opposition' presence.

she has an answer now. but told me that her mom is still PAP all the way.

she asked of my views about the younger generation, particulary the views of the graduates.

well, as far as i'm concerned, it's the old aunties like my parents' generation who hv travelled a long way in the political history, seeing the fall and rise of singapore since the 60s, that clearly make them appreciate the work of PAP.

this day, the young generation will only be concerned with housing issues, employment prospects, education subsidy for kids.....so, the answer is pretty obvious!

whatever the case, this is the first time i'm so eager to see the results of the election. the opposition groups are more audacious in speaking up....but, certain issues being raised are valid and worth consideration.

5 comments:

  1. Well, the living standard is just rising and everything is just more and more unafforable. ERP, COE, HDB cost, all at exaggerated price and hardly any choice for the people. My choice is obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never voted in my life in Singapore! What else, walk-over or i'm overseas. Rather, I've voted 2 times here already! and it's such a bother....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, finally aljunied grc oppsition party won. 54%, i think.

    well, it's a good move to hv more opposition voices in parliament.

    like what low thia kiang said,"明知山有虎,偏向虎山行“...his journey will henceforth be fraught with dangers and threats, but having served for 2 decades in hougang, i;m sure he will tread his path carefully...take more ginger lah, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy he won... And my friend in Aljunied ward met her new MP on Sun morning. :)

    My heart goes out to Mr Chiam. If u have time, go FB.... Some touching articles on him....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a follower of politics but I feel for Mr Chiam too. Such a pity that he is out. I really thinks that he is sincere and working for the nation, despites being an opposition.

    ReplyDelete