Friday, May 13, 2011

when the noise is gone one day...

serene sent me sth....i thot it was quite a true reflection of our lives each day.

simply, it said mothers get irritated with all the noises and lame squabbles happening every hour at home, among the kids.

but one day, when all these are gone...ie. no more scratchy noise of children waking up in morning, no more bickering on trivialities, no more laughter from the room, no more hearing of children's phone conversations with their friends,......we would feel empty and lost.

the whole gist of it all, life is a process. often, when we possess all these little things, we see them as pests, and couldn't wait to be the pest controllers.

i recall how in my own bz schedules, i would tell claire,"say it quick. learn to summarize...dun be so long-winded!" i wonder, one day, in my greying years, would i receive the same comments from them?

so, in essence, we should treasure having the kids around. at different age, we see them do different things and should strive to grow with them and be lifelong learners.

2 comments:

  1. Now my two are so noisy and I feel my ear drum bursting, my fuse short, my temper rising. I only enjoy the peace when they are both asleep.

    For now, I wouldn't mind the peace. Next time, I will miss the noise. I always wonder how to survive if I've three kids. Mum is a real wonder mum to cope with so many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes white, u were so stressed in countenance ysterdy (at mom's place) catching ur brief dinner, taking office phone calls and getting ready to take trisha to doc.

    then, on the way, ur 2 kids couldn't stop telling u things....blah blah dit dit dah dah. such a scene. but noise became intolerable when one is stressed and i could see u were different from normal self, just wanted them to shut their mouths.

    haha, do take care. i knw it's not easy to handle both work and kids, but going to the new envt, u need to seek an inner peace and chant more.....hv a nice vesak day!

    ReplyDelete