Sunday, May 15, 2011

good luck, white!

white is starting on a new job.

after 10th yr in the old (current) job.

that's such a relieving news to us all.

every new venture comes with insecurity and risks. but, i do think that there's nothing to lose anymore.

if new envt is good, it will be a boost.

if new envt is not within expectation, it's just another refreshing challenge, but at higher pay.

in year 2004, i started off as a commercial centre tutor for p4- p6 stdts. it was not easy. modelling approach was new to me then. when the p6 questions were presented to me, i wasnt able to solve every one of them. i had methods, but longer way.

it was after some months of poring into books and using my brain functioning power, that i began to devise strategies for myself. imparting to stdts the right way to do things is a wonderful feeling. finding short-cut method to doing things is a bonus feel.

it's been my 8th yr now. i'm getting better with handling not just the academic aspect of stdts, but the emotional part of it as well.

the best thing that i hv done in the last decade was to find my niche in teaching. it's carefree and gives me the oppy to knw kids a lot better. it also motivates me to listen out for jokes to share with them.

for such a change in my career, i hv only one person to thank - my dear HUBBY, who has been supportive of my financial needs. well, some tutors earn much, but recently, i was amused when one dentist friend and me share a sentiment that 'we are the most poorly paid dentist and tutor around town!"

but, we continue to count our blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you charge high for your tuition fees?

    Oh well, no venture no gain. It could be a greener pasture but I've to be there to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 如果这艘船没什么值得留恋,倒不如勇敢地到另一艘船看看,可能会有意想不到的收获.

    ReplyDelete