Monday, August 15, 2011

100-year old man

i was at my stdt's place ystday and was introduced to a relative of his.

a 100-year old man, but looking excellent and young. seriously, to me, he passed off as someone who's in the 70s. hardly any wrinkles and still able to walk, albeit with a stick.

i was told that his memory remains fantastic and is enjoying life per se.

how fortunate.

ask me if i would like to live so long...haha, i doubt so!

what's impt to me is to maintain a pinky health, having companionship of my other half and with my grown-up children still spendng time with us, is enough. no need to live so long .

aging into the octogenarian category will bring with it too many ailments, i reckon.

when we look at young kids, the amount of energy that they possess, the way they sprint....the old folks really can't mathc up. no wonder my other half has been telling me,'Old olready!'

certainly, age leaves no compassion for people, but it's the heart and mind that must remain youthful and positive, so as to maximise the wellness of one's living.

like what jean said, take the first step to exercise....and i'm glad the other half finally found his right pair of sports shoes and we took a walk round the condo premises on late sun nite....it's nvr too late to start if one's willing. i'm the (diplomatic) pusher and he's the contender, haha.












2 comments:

  1. 100 years old, hard to imagine myself still living at that age. And seeing all your friends and love ones leaving you one by one...

    If he is in pink of health, then definitely would be a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, are you still walking then? i hope it's a daily ritual, for health's sake!

    Now, I'm no longer on the hi-blood medication and no more elephantine legs, weight gain etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete