Thursday, August 18, 2011

growing kangkang at home

claire favours having a small garden at home, in our small balcony.

her daddy was so sweet to buy 2 packets of good soil plus a packet of fertilisers to aid her in the project. her 1st project was planting chives and kangkong.

well, the results are fast for kangkong. they are already growing, though small like babies lah. the chives growth is nowhere in sight!

the MAN seems to be the one who's checking on his plant growth. he even suggested,'let's go buy a landed property with a big garden to start planting for our own intake!'

well, i hv heard this umpteenth times. his interest in this area if clearly a great influence from my late mom-in-law who loved cactus plants. i heard she used to own her own farm and crops too!

well, let the project start small....claire and her daddy have to prove that they hv green fingers before i can 'approve' of having a bigger garden, haha. just kidding. a big garden will mean more work in clearing out weeds and other bothersome jobs!

well, i await the taste of my kangkong...few more weeks, i reckon. the feelings to eat the harvest planted by your own hands should be fabulous.

p/s: too bad, i hv yellow fingers, by virtue of my surname 黄. so, the garden plot is an untouchable area for me, haha.























2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of mum, who is always proud of her green fingers. I am not interested in planting and don't even remember to water the plants at home.

    The best I ever did was to keep the plant in my ex-office survived and growing for many years. It was part of my life then, and I loved looking at the green leaves. Now, the plant is just sitting on my house's computer table, lacking my loving stare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, never interested in planting. None of us takes after mum's green finger. Orange is always the one watering the plant at home.

    ReplyDelete