Friday, August 19, 2011

another person's blog posting - titled 'a mother's love'

i came across a blog posting which i like tremendously.

here is is for your pleasure reading, esp for those who can appreciate what it means by having a doting mom who cares, supports and loves....

I sent my mother off at the airport at the crack of dawn this morning. After two weeks of visiting she headed back home to the UK and it will be several months before I get to see her again.

In between my work engagements and her hectic schedule calling on family and friends we managed to squeeze in a whole afternoon of one-on-one time yesterday. Just us two, mother and son.

We went to a restaurant to have one of her favourites – Japanese food. We ate to our hearts’ content. We drank copious amounts of green tea. And then we talked. Just talked.

We gossiped about others. We spoke about our difficult moments. We laughed at ourselves. We shared our fears. We nagged each other. We discussed our future plans. We affirmed our love for each other.

My mum’s a special mum. She constantly tells me she loves me. She regularly reminds me how proud she is of me. She indulgently hears me out when I have a problem. She earnestly proofreads my writing. She patiently bites her tongue to let me get over my petulant outbursts. She effusively speaks highly of me. She generously offers her help. She lovingly sends me things she thinks I will need. She gently directs me onto the right path. She tenderly teaches me – humility, forgiveness, love. She devotedly prays for me.

My mum is uncompromising in her love for me. She is resolute in her support of what I do. She is unwavering in her trust of me. She is everything anyone could ever ask for in a mum.

Mum, just as you are fond of reminding me that regardless of whether I am 8 or 38 or 78, I will always be your baby; well, regardless of whether you are here in Singapore or in the UK, you will always be in my heart. You will always be my mummy. I love you mum.

4 comments:

  1. well, our parents also hv copies of our love expression for them, although i'm not sure if they hv read them all....

    maybe, we should make it a practice to read 2 passages to them, when we gather.

    else, white elephant. and to think that white put in so much work to do the cover design page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum read it then, she told me. I doubt she would read it again unless one day, she come across it when she does her spring cleaning.

    It is ok la, it is hers. A gift is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, and she hasn't nominated the best 5 essays....

    ReplyDelete